On Heritage day, Thursday the 24th September, Leisure Cycle Tours and Adventures, The Baakens Valley Conservancy and Fat Tracks would like to invite all interested cyclists and their families for a fun ride in the Baakens Valley, starting at the Elliot Centre (Port Elizabeth). There will be routes suited for all levels of fitness.
There are 3 Rides to choose from
· Family Fun Ride: This circular route caters for families with young children (8 to 12 years) and is a very easy ride with no technical difficulty. Estimated duration of this ride is approximately 40 minutes.
· Down into the Valley Ride: This circular route takes riders down into the valley before looping back around to the start (for this ride you need to be reasonably fit and comfortable with handling a mountain bike). Estimated duration of this ride is approximately 1 hour.
· The Real Valley Experience Ride: This ride starts at the same place as the other two rides, but goes through the entire length of the Baakens Valley, before returning to the Elliot Centre. This route has technical sections varying from moderate to very technical, but these can be easily bypassed by carrying your bike. Although we will ride at a leisurely pace, riders need to be reasonably fit and comfortable handling a mountain bike. There will be a group for slower riders to also enjoy this route.
Date: Thursday morning, 24th September 2009 - Heritage Day
Start: Elliot Centre
10H05 Family Fun Ride
Ride for about 40 minutes and end back at the starting point.
10H00 Down into the Valley Ride
Ride for about 1 hour and end back at the starting point.
10H05 The Real Valley Experience Ride
Ride between 1h30 – 2h30, depending on level of fitness.
· It is unsafe to ride without a helmet and we cannot allow riding without helmets.
· Do not ride without water, especially when youngsters are taking part.
· Bring a pump and an extra tube, if you have one lying around, or share with a friend.
· If there is a problem we will assist and help you get back safely.
· In the event of there being a large number of riders, we will leave in smaller groups (which will affect the starting times).